Recipe: Peach and Cherry Toast with Cream Cheese
This is a simple and sweet way to start off your day or to have a tasty afternoon snack. It really takes no time at all to prepare and adds a little protein and fruit to your body. I personally was never a huge fan of cherries, but I find this combination works well! That being said, the fruit can be swapped out for some of your favourites if you wish. This recipe can be doubled if you prefer two pieces of toast!
Prep Time: 5 min Total Time: 10 min
You will need:
- 1 slice of light rye bread (or your favourite type!)
- 1 ripe peach, cut into slices
- About 2-3 cherries, depending on their size, cut in quarters (de-pitted)
- 1 1/2 tbsp of plain cream cheese (use a low-fat cream cheese for a healthier option)
- Once all your ingredients are prepped, toast your bread until it is a golden brown colour
- After the bread has been toasted, immediately spread the cream cheese on, covering the whole surface
- Add the sliced peach and sliced cherries on top of the cream cheese
- Eat and enjoy!